Re: WIP: to_char, support for EEEE format - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: WIP: to_char, support for EEEE format
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Brendan Jurd escribió:

> Here's version 6 of the EEEE patch, now with an all-new implementation
> of (normalised) scientific notation in numeric.c, via the functions
> numeric_out_sci() and get_str_from_var_sci().  So EEEE should now be
> able to represent the full gamut of the numeric type.

I noticed an ugly pattern in NUMDesc_prepare calling a cleanup function
before every ereport(ERROR).  I think it's cleaner to replace that with
a PG_TRY block; see attached.

I didn't go over the patch in much more detail.  (But the
numeric_out_sci business got me thinking.)

Attachment