Re: ECPG support for struct in INTO list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: ECPG support for struct in INTO list
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 04:22:53PM +0200, Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
> If you meant like this below, then ECPG segfaults on this too:

Right, because arrays as as well unimplemented as are structs. I meant
something like this;

int *
get_var(void)
{
        EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
        static int myvar;
        EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;

        EXEC SQL DECLARE mycur CURSOR FOR SELECT id INTO :myvar FROM a1 WHERE id = 1;
        return (&myvar);
}

> Attached is my modified test28.pgc. Compiling it
> *without* -C INFORMIX makes it unusable, the variable
> or the address where the data should be fetched into
> doesn't even gets emitted in neither the DECLARE/OPEN
> nor the FETCH callsites. I think this code should be valid
> even in non-Informix-compatible mode.

I don't think i buy into this. The variable is out of scope at the time open is
called. Why do you think this should work?

> > ... Just look at
> > test/compat_informix/test_informix.pgc for a real and working example.
> >

> The example there is the other way around.
> The variable, the DECLARE and FETCH commands
> are in the outer main() function, and it calls a function called
> openit() where the OPEN command is emitted, so that
> example doesn't help here too much.

Eh, why not? We're talking about a bug/missing feature in the precompiler
itself. And the precompiler doesn't see this difference. I just pointed you to
one working example. Anyway I attached a modified test28.pgc that should work
in compatibility mode.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes