Re: pg_proc.probin should become text? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pg_proc.probin should become text?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Pavel Stehule escribió:

> I agree, so information about patch would be store in text field. But
> I am not sure, if your fix isn't too simply. I haven't plan to compile
> plpgsql to C or to binary code. But could be interesting link postgres
> with some virtual machine like parrot or lua vm, and translate plpgsql
> to p code. It's maybe far future.

In this case I think it would make more sense to compile the code and
keep the p-code in backend local memory.  Keeping compiled code around
in more permanent or global storage would only make sense if you had
large amounts of code, and in that case I think we'd want to have a more
concrete and complete proposal.