BUG #4956: Array Construct array() returning blank result - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Niranjan Pandit
Subject BUG #4956: Array Construct array() returning blank result
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      4956
Logged by:          Niranjan Pandit
Email address:      niranjan81@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4
Operating system:   Windows Vista Ultimate
Details:

Hi,
I simply wanted to accumulate result of a subquery in to an array, so I did
select array(select userid from user where <some condition>);

Only when the condition gets evaluated to true with at least 2 columns with
varying values the array gets constructed, in all other cases what we get is
a complete blank output. the label of the result is as usual as ?column? but
there is absolutely nothing in the cell below the label.

I am sorry if I am repeating something already known to mankind :-) but
after a lot search I could not get anything on it on the net.

Thanks in advance.

Best Wishes.