BUG #4953: Crash with xml functions - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Giorgio Valoti
Subject BUG #4953: Crash with xml functions
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      4953
Logged by:          Giorgio Valoti
Email address:      giorgio_v@me.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.0
Operating system:   Mac OS X 10.5.8
Details:

I get a crash when I invoke xml function like xml_is_well_formed.

It works with static xml but not if it’s dynamically generated.

It crashes even if I first create the xml dynamically and then invoke the
function with static text.

Here is the log:

LOG:  server process (PID 84683) was terminated by signal 11: Segmentation
fault
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing
LOG:  database system was interrupted; last known up at 2009-07-29 10:19:17
CEST
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG:  record with zero length at 0/1F9EBF8
LOG:  redo is not required
LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
LOG:  autovacuum launcher started