Re: Help needed for reading postgres log : RE: Concurrency issue under very heay loads - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Help needed for reading postgres log : RE: Concurrency issue under very heay loads
Date
List pgsql-general
Raji Sridar (raji) wrote:
> I would like some help in reading the postgres logs.
> Here is a snippet of the log.
> Auto commit seems to be set to false.
> But still the logs shows "CommitTransactionCommand" in debug mode.
> The same order number is given for multiple clients.
> Please see "CommitTransactionCommand" below for both "select ...for
> update" and "update..." SQLs and let me know if I am reading correctly
> that auto commit is actually effective.

CommitTransactionCommand is an internal function that has nothing to do
with a SQL-level COMMIT.  If there were a true transaction commit you'd
see a debug entry saying "CommitTransaction".

You seem to be barking up the wrong tree here.