Re: Best practices for moving UTF8 databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Best practices for moving UTF8 databases
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 10:32:15AM +0800, Phoenix Kiula wrote:
> Thanks Martin. I tried searching through the archives and could only
> come with something like this:
>
> http://docs.moodle.org/en/UTF-8_PostgreSQL
>
> But this only has the usual iconv stuff suggested.
>
> Could you pls suggest some specific scripts or URLs? Or let me know
> the keywords I should look for?

I was thinking of this one:

http://www.mail-archive.com/pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org/msg68541.html

You can use it to find the bogus strings in your existing database and
fix them. It's not really fast, but maybe it'll help.

Have a nice day,

Attachment