Re: Idle in transaction - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John
Subject Re: Idle in transaction
Date
List pgsql-general
On Friday 17 July 2009 07:17:15 am Sharma, Sid wrote:
> Sorry. Forgot to mention the postgres version
>
> PostgreSQL 8.1.3 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.96

In my case it was caused by a select statement that I neither issued a commit
or rollback.  So you have started a transaction without closing it somewhere
in your app.  My app continued to work without apparent issue.  The only
thing I noticed was pgAdmin3 could not make changes to the data structure
without closing my app.

So somewhere in your code you have started a transaction without closing it.

Johnf