Re: BUG #4914: uuid_generate_v4 not present in eithersource or yum/rpm - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David Kerr
Subject Re: BUG #4914: uuid_generate_v4 not present in eithersource or yum/rpm
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 01:18:55AM +0300, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
- On Monday 13 July 2009 19:17:49 David Kerr wrote:
- > We're using SLES 11, and uuid-ossp isn't delivered in the
- > postgresql-contrib package, we opened a case with Novell and this was their
- > reply:
- > [some nonsense]
-
- I'm sorry to say that SUSE just isn't a good source if you want to do serious
- PostgreSQL deployment.  They ship PostgreSQL because it's there, but they, as
- an organization, just don't care enough to consistently provide the packages,
- updates, and support that you'd want for serious use.  So if you can't use a
- different operating system, either accept what you get and hope you get away
- with it, or prepare to spend some resources to do your own maintenance.
-

I'm working on my management to allow me to roll my own PG and get a 3rd party
support.

cause.

Dave