uuid_hash declaration - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mel Flynn
Subject uuid_hash declaration
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm trying to write a uuid extension using the FreeBSD libc uuid(3). I quickly
came to the conclusion it won't work, because:
/usr/include/uuid.h:54: error: conflicting types for 'uuid_hash'
../../src/include/utils/builtins.h:1010: error: previous declaration of
'uuid_hash' was here

Is there a way in the API to tell the backend that "uuid_hash function is
implemented by the foo__uuid_hash function" so that backwards compatibility
isn't broken?

There's 2 reasons I want this extension:
a) minimize external dependencies
b) conflict with e2fsprogs libuuid, required by my samba3 installation.

--
Mel