Re: Managing multiple branches in git - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Managing multiple branches in git
Date
Re: Managing multiple branches in git  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Re: Managing multiple branches in git  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
David E. Wheeler wrote:

> Well, you can have as many clones of a repository as you like. You can
> keep one with master checked out, another with rel8_3, another with
> rel8_2, etc. You'd just have to write a script to keep them in sync
> (shouldn't be too difficult, each just as all the others as an origin --
> or maybe you have one that's canonical on your system).

Hmm, but is there a way to create those clones from a single local
"database"?

(I like the monotone model much better.  This mixing of working copies
and databases as if they were a single thing is silly and uncomfortable
to use.)