Re: No sanity checking performed on binary TIME parameters. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: No sanity checking performed on binary TIME parameters.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> I'm not entirely sure why we put a range limit on time values at all,
> but given that we do, it'd probably be a good idea to check the range
> in the recv functions.  I'm inclined to fix this for 8.4, but not
> back-patch because of compatibility considerations.  Any objections
> out there?

Are we confident it can't be abused to impact other clients connecting
or break the back-end in some way?  More specifically, could it be a
security issue?  Havn't looked at it yet, but getting what sounded like
corrupted data back out could be bad..
Stephen