Re: Btree indizes, FILLFACTOR, vacuum_freeze_min_age and CLUSTER - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Philipp Marek
Subject Re: Btree indizes, FILLFACTOR, vacuum_freeze_min_age and CLUSTER
Date
List pgsql-general
On Donnerstag, 14. Mai 2009, Philipp Marek wrote:
> On Donnerstag, 14. Mai 2009, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Philipp Marek wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, I have two terminal windows for different users/schemas in the
> > > same DB open - but they're set to auto-commit, and have no tables open
> > > or locked.
> >
> > Please close them and try again.
>
> I'll try this tonight.
Well, that doesn't seem to help either.

* I had vacuum_freeze_min_age=0 set for the session doing CLUSTER.
* No session were open during the CLUSTER.

Result:
* Indizes are not compacted.
Compared to an earlier night with a similar number of records two btree-
indizes went from 300M to ~400M (roughly).

Regards,

Phil