Re: Thread hangs in VisibleBufferedInputStream.readMore - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Hitz
Subject Re: Thread hangs in VisibleBufferedInputStream.readMore
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 07 May 2009, Oliver Jowett wrote:
> No it isn't, go look at the thread dumps, his application is blocking on
> read not on write.

The strange thing is that I didn't see anything at the backend. All
connections were idle at that time. If the application was hanging
because of a transaction lock, shouldn't I see this in pg_locks or
pg_stat_activity?

Anyway, I have changed some transactions and re-arranged some of the
code. The application is running for about four days now without a hang,
but I'm not sure if the problem has really gone away.

Oliver

Attachment