Re: Transparent table partitioning in future version of PG? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Transparent table partitioning in future version of PG?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Simon Riggs escribió:

> Hopefully, notions of partitioning won't be directly tied to chunking of
> data for parallel query access. Most queries access recent data and
> hence only a single partition (or stripe), so partitioning and
> parallelism and frequently exactly orthogonal.

I think there should be a way to refer to individual partitions as
objects.  That way we could execute some commands to enable certain
optimizations, for example "mark this partition read only" which would
mean it could be marked as not needing vacuum.