Re: Restore deleted rows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Restore deleted rows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Anton Egorov escribió:
> Hi!
>
> I need to recover deleted rows from table. After I delete those rows I
> stopped postgres immediately and create tar archive of database. I found
> solution http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-03/msg00965.php,
> but is there another (easyer) way to do it?

I guess you could figure out the Xid of the transaction that deleted the
tuples, and mark it as aborted in pg_clog; you'd also need to reset the
hint bits on the tuples themselves.  Not necessarily any easier than the
above, but at least you don't have to patch Postgres code.