Re: XML documentation question - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: XML documentation question
Date
List pgsql-docs
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On Friday 24 April 2009 06:17:47 Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > What does this first sentence mean in our XML function documentation;
> > would someone please rewrite it to be intelligable?
> >
> >     In addition, the following functions are available to produce
> >     analogous mappings of entire schemas or the entire current
> >     database.
>
> It means that the functions described below produce mappings that are
> analogous to the ones described earlier in that section which map tables
> instead of schemas or databases.

Apologies, I quoted the wrong section;  I meant to ask about this
sentence:

        The following functions return XML Schema documents describing the
        mappings made by the data mappings produced by the corresponding
        functions above.
    <synopsis>
    table_to_xmlschema(tbl regclass, nulls boolean, tableforest boolean,
    targetns text)
    query_to_xmlschema(query text, nulls boolean, tableforest boolean,
    targetns text)
    cursor_to_xmlschema(cursor refcursor, nulls boolean, tableforest
    boolean, targetns text)
    </synopsis>