Re: Connect without specifying a database? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sam Mason
Subject Re: Connect without specifying a database?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 11:49:25AM -0400, lists@mgreg.com wrote:
> I was
> hoping there were some higher level management items like "show
> databases", and "show tables", etc in Postgres as well.

The standard way would be to use the "information_schema", it's in the
SQL standard and supported by more than just one database engine.

> I also didn't
> want to depend on there being a table there that I needed to "get in
> the door" with, so to speak.  I'm guessing no one in the community
> sees this addition as desirable (or feasible)?

Anything can be done, it's just getting people enthusiastic enough to do
it!

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/