Re: log_min_duration_statement units - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: log_min_duration_statement units
Date
List pgsql-docs
Tom Lane wrote:
> > ! #log_min_duration_statement = -1    # -1 is disabled, 0 logs all statements
>
> > ! #log_min_duration_statement = -1ms    # -1 is disabled, 0 logs all statements
>
> This is not sensible -- there are no units for the "-1" setting.  I
> seem to recall that it won't even work; did you test uncommenting that?

I tested it uncommented and manually and it worked fine:

    test=> set log_min_duration_statement = '-1ms';
    SET
    test=> show log_min_duration_statement;
     log_min_duration_statement
     -1
    (1 row)

It seems illogical to document it this way but a non-EDB trainer emailed
me saying students are getting confused about the default units, and I
can see how they would get confused.