Re: [personal] Re: How to out \df to a file - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [personal] Re: How to out \df to a file
Date
List pgsql-novice
Craig wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> Thanks for your quick reply!  Between your response and George's I was able
> to get exactly what I needed.
> That "-E" is a wonderful option.  I have already put it into my snippets
> file!

I think the \o idea is best if you want something that will be
consistent from Postgres release to Postgres release because we
internally adjust the \df query occasionally to match changes in the
system tables.

Also, in 8.4, you might need \dfS because we are going to display only
user-created objects by default, unless 'S' or a pattern is supplied.