Unsupported effective_io_concurrency platforms - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Unsupported effective_io_concurrency platforms
Date
List pgsql-hackers
If a platform doesn't have posix_fadvise(), we don't allow
effective_io_concurrency to be set to anything but zero:
test=> set  effective_io_concurrency = 1;ERROR:  1 is outside the valid range for parameter "effective_io_concurrency"
(0.. 0)test=> set  effective_io_concurrency = 0;SET

Do we want to give a more informative error message, like "not supported
on this platform?"

http://enterprisedb.com