Re: Validating problem in the isn contrib module - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Subject Re: Validating problem in the isn contrib module
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 10:50:41 +0000 Gregory Stark wrote:

> Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail@wars-nicht.de> writes:
>
> > The validator function should use the weak mode for itself to return
> > 'f' in case of invalid input. It cannot be the users job to make sure a
> > validator function is working as expected.
>
> Well the input function is being called before the validator function ever
> gets a chance to act. The validator function receives an already-formed isbn13
> datum.

That's the problem.

> Is there an is_valid() which takes text input? Perhaps there should be --
> though I think it would have to be isbn_is_valid() or something like that.

I think that's the intention of the is_valid() function. However it's
not working. And yes, a moe descriptive name would be fine.

Bye

--             Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group