Re: BUG #4675: FATAL: could not reattach to shared memory - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: BUG #4675: FATAL: could not reattach to shared memory
Date
List pgsql-bugs
kos41@wp.pl wrote:

> Bug reference:      4675
> Logged by:
> Email address:      kos41@wp.pl
> PostgreSQL version: 8.2.11
> Operating system:   Windows Vista
> Details:
>
> After I have installed Postgresql 8.2.11 on windows vista I have this
> entries in my log
>
> LOG:  unrecognized win32 error code: 487
>
> FATAL:  could not reattach to shared memory (key=5432001, addr=02200000):
> Invalid argument
>
> What is this? How can I repair this?

Our TODO list has this:

    Diagnose problem where shared memory can sometimes not be attached by
    postmaster children

        * FATAL: could not reattach to shared memory (Win32)
           http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-08/msg01377.php