Re: [GENERAL] 8.3 doc issue - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: [GENERAL] 8.3 doc issue
Date
Re: [GENERAL] 8.3 doc issue  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgsql-www
On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Ray Stell <stellr@cns.vt.edu> writes:
>
>>> Based on your search term, we recommend the following links:
>>>     * http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/contrib/pg_standby/
>>> but that link gives a 404:
>>
>> This has been complained of before.  I know that the right place for our
>> cvsweb is "anoncvs", but the "developer" address used to work and there
>> are still many links to that in our archives as well as other places.
>> Can't we get a redirect in there?
>
> Yes.  It has been fixed and broken several times in the past.  I think
> this is on Marc's court; my guess is that it breaks every time Apache is
> upgraded on that server.

That makes zero sense, but let's deal with the issue vs "yet another"
haphazard guess at the cause ...

The problem appears to be that *at some point*, someone renamed the
cvsweb.cgi script:

-r-xr--r--  1 root  wheel  126590 Sep 25 21:36 cvsweb.cgi.not_used

This was *ages* ago though, so am I bit confused as to how it ever worked

i just re-installed it and now the URL works again ... I just made two
changes to the cvsweb.conf file itself so that it matches what is
displayed on anoncvs as well (footer and Diff format) ...

Let me know if there are any other issues / changes that need to be made

----