Re: How to get SE-PostgreSQL acceptable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: How to get SE-PostgreSQL acceptable
Date
List pgsql-hackers
KaiGai Kohei wrote:
> >> Today, I'll debug the modified code...
> >
> > Wow, that was fast.  Where are you storing the security information for
> > tables and columns?  Did you add a special column to pg_class, etc?
>
> Security information is stored within padding field of HeapTupleHeader
> as we did. It can be fetched via sepgsql_(table|column|...)_getcon()
> functions, and can be set via SECURITY_LABEL = 'xxx'.

Well, we are not using row-level security values so why not store it in
its own column regular or as part of the existing ACL structure.  I
think it will be very odd for system tables to have this special column
but not user rows.

http://enterprisedb.com