ecpg grammar in CVS is annoying - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject ecpg grammar in CVS is annoying
Date
Re: ecpg grammar in CVS is annoying  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Re: ecpg grammar in CVS is annoying  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Is it only me, or having the generated ecpg grammar is a bit obnoxious?
I am getting troubled because whenever I touch gram.y it gets updated
when I run make, and then it shows in "cvs diff".

I'm not sure what's the solution -- maybe something is missing in a
.cvsignore file somewhere?

Oh, another thing -- ecpg has a dependency on libpq, but it is not
declared in Makefiles, so if you build ecpg without first building
libpq, it errors out.

--
Alvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile   ICBM: S 39º 49' 18.1", W 73º 13' 56.4"
"Siempre hay que alimentar a los dioses, aunque la tierra esté seca" (Orual)