Re: Pet Peeves? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alan Hodgson
Subject Re: Pet Peeves?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday 29 January 2009, Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> I'm putting together a talk on "PostgreSQL Pet Peeves" for discussion at
> FOSDEM 2009 this year. I have a pretty good idea what some them are of
> course, but I would be interested to hear if people have any complaints
> from personal experience. What would be most interesting is if you can
> explain an example of when the problem caused real inconvenience to you,
> since sometimes it's hard to see from a theoretical description where the
> real harm lies.
>
> So, what do people say? Is Postgres perfect in your world or does it do
> some things which rub you the wrong way?

Lack of in-place upgrades for major version changes.

I have others, but honestly this is the biggest that comes up over and over
again.

--
Current Peeve: The mindset that the Internet is some sort of school for
novice sysadmins and that everyone -not- doing stupid dangerous things