Re: 8.4 release planning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: 8.4 release planning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 29 January 2009 08:39:48 Gregory Stark wrote:
> I wish we could get rid of the whole concept and stigma of being "bumped"
> your patch will be released in the next release after it's committed. What
> does it matter if there's been another release since you started or not?

This is the whole point. It isn't that there is a stigma to getting bumped; It
matters becase missing a release means 12-14 months before your feature will
be released, even when it takes far less time than that to complete the work.
That 12-14 month delay has real implications on a number of levels for users
and developers.

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net