Commitfest infrastructure (was Re: 8.4 release planning) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Commitfest infrastructure (was Re: 8.4 release planning)
Date
Re: Commitfest infrastructure (was Re: 8.4 release planning)  (Marko Kreen <markokr@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas escribió:

> I think that it would probably be pretty easy to write a webapp to
> replace the CommitFest web page that basically did the same thing but
> with a bit more structure around it - with database tables like
> "commitfest", "patch", "patch_version", "patch_comment", and
> "patch_review".  I think I might even be willing to write such a
> webapp if someone would be willing to provide the infrastructure.  The
> CommitFest web page was really useful this time around, but it's not
> conducive to any kind of automated pull.

Hey, if you're willing to do it, we're certainly accepting proposals.
The current wiki-based CommitFest is supposed to be just a stop-gap.  It
was started not only to support 8.4 development, but also as a test of
the Commitfest idea itself.  This has proven so successful that it's
clear we should be going somewhere with it.

As for somewhere to host it, we certainly have some servers; not tons,
but probably enough.  Some of them even have Postgres running on it.