Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Automatic view update rules Bernd Helmle - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Automatic view update rules Bernd Helmle
Date
8.4 release planning (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Automatic view update rules)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 12:28 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > Well, also consider 8.3 was released in February, so we had 9 months of
> > development before the last commit-fest started.
>
> Yes - that was good.  But what will happen for 8.5?

Probably the same.

> > Also, one thing we have always known is that many of the complex patches
> > bottle up on the last commit-fest because we kind of realize they are
> > not going to get much easier to deal with.
>
> Yeah...  I'm not sure what to do about that, but as Tom pointed out,
> it has the disadvantage that all of these massive changes are getting
> put into the tree just before we start beta.

Well, it is less a problem than in previous releases, so things are
getting better.

http://enterprisedb.com