Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Automatic view update rules Bernd Helmle - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bernd Helmle
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Automatic view update rules Bernd Helmle
Date
List pgsql-hackers

--On 24. Januar 2009 20:47:20 -0500 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Bernd Helmle <mailings@oopsware.de> writes:
>> What i'm missing is some notion about CHECK OPTION. We
>> surely want to support that in way.
>
> Feel free to insist on that, if you want to make dead certain that
> updatable views don't make it into 8.4 ;-)

Of course, i'm the last one insisting on that ;)

Understand this as my noisy thinking how a possible *future* implementation
would fit in that syntax proposal. It would be bad if we recognize some day
that this was a bad decision. But on further thinking it doesn't make sense
here anyways, so back to the real problems.
Bernd