Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Automatic view update rules Bernd Helmle - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Automatic view update rules Bernd Helmle
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 12:28 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Well, also consider 8.3 was released in February, so we had 9 months of
> development before the last commit-fest started.

Yes - that was good.  But what will happen for 8.5?

> Also, one thing we have always known is that many of the complex patches
> bottle up on the last commit-fest because we kind of realize they are
> not going to get much easier to deal with.

Yeah...  I'm not sure what to do about that, but as Tom pointed out,
it has the disadvantage that all of these massive changes are getting
put into the tree just before we start beta.

...Robert