Re: problem converting database to UTF-8 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alan Hodgson
Subject Re: problem converting database to UTF-8
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday 22 January 2009, David Goodenough
<david.goodenough@btconnect.com> wrote:

> You have not understood what I said.  I ran iconv, and it changes the
> encoding of the data, but not the ENCODING= statements that are
> embedded in the datastream.  Yes I can change those with sed, but
> I do not know what else I need to change.  There must be an easier
> way.

There isn't. I'm pretty sure that iconv plus changing the ENCODING
statement(s) is all I did when we converted, though.

--
Current Peeve: The mindset that the Internet is some sort of school for
novice sysadmins and that everyone -not- doing stupid dangerous things