Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian escribió:

> In thinking last night, I am now wondering if a letter is really the
> right symbol for this.  We already have letter flags which control
> object type selection, but the system table addition is kind of
> independent of those flags, like '+' now.  I am thinking maybe '&' is
> the right symbol rather than 'A' or 'S'.

& is probably going to be useful as a modifier when we have concurrent
psql, so I suggest you do not use it here.  Or maybe not, but in any
case see
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/8204.1207689056%40sss.pgh.pa.us
before you use &.