Re: Statement-level triggers and inheritance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Statement-level triggers and inheritance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > On Thursday 15 January 2009 02:08:42 Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >> Added to TODO:
> >> Have statement-level triggers fire for all tables in an
> >> inheritance hierarchy
>
> > I don't think that was really the conclusion from the thread.
>
> > As far as I can interpret the opinions, statement level triggers should fire
> > on the parent table only, rather than on some child, as it currently does.
>
> I think the consensus was that each table should have its own statement
> triggers (if any) fire.  Which is one possible reading of Bruce's TODO
> item, but it's surely not clearly worded.

Sorry I had that wording wrong;  TODO updated to:
When statement-level triggers are defined on a parent table, have themfire only on the parent table, and fire child
tabletriggers only whereappropriate

http://enterprisedb.com