Re: some howto/theory book/tutorial on practical problem solving in SQL - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Steve Midgley
Subject Re: some howto/theory book/tutorial on practical problem solving in SQL
Date
List pgsql-sql
At 09:20 AM 1/14/2009, pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org wrote:
>Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 12:05:29 +0100
>From: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail@webthatworks.it>
>To: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
>Subject: Re: some howto/theory book/tutorial on practical problem
>solving in SQL
>
> > O'Reilly's SQL Hacks is a good one that fits the bill you describe.
>
>I think it is complementary to Celko's SQL puzzles.
>O'Reilly's book seems techniques on the field.
>Celko's book seems design on the field.
>
>Meanwhile I downloaded all the ecommerce, billing and ERP Open Source
>programs I know (over 60) and started to examine the code to see
>how they manage discounts in SQL.
>
>The one that seems more promising to learn from seems:
>ofbiz
>webERP
>promogest
>
>I'll come back asking comments on a possible design to solve my
>problem later.

Hi Ivan,

You're studying something very interesting, and I hope you will post
your progress and solutions, questions and ideas back to this list as
you go. I've forwarded this thread already to several people who work
with related issues, and they're very interested in some solutions as
well.

So stay in touch as you work on this, please.

Sincerely,

Steve