Re: reloptions with a "namespace" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: reloptions with a "namespace"
Date
Re: reloptions with a "namespace"  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Euler Taveira de Oliveira wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera escreveu:
> > I wasn't sure of the best place to add a check.  I have added it to
> > transformRelOptions; I am not entirely comfortable with it, because it
> > works, but it still allows this:
> >
> IMHO it's the appropriate place.

I think the best place would be parseRelOptions.  The problem is that
transformRelOptions does not apply any semantics to the values it's
parsing; it doesn't know about the relopt_kind for example.  That stuff
is only known by parseRelOptions, but when the options reach that point,
they have already lost the namespace (due to transformRelOptions).

> > alvherre=# alter index f set (toast.fillfactor = 20);
> > ALTER INDEX
> >
> Maybe you need to add relopt_kind test in your validation code.

No clean way to do that :-(

Attachment