Re: PgUS 2008 end of year summary - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: PgUS 2008 end of year summary
Date
Re: PgUS 2008 end of year summary  (Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-general
Gregory Stark wrote:

> > Cross posting is not necessarily bad; in fact it's regarded to be less
> > annoying than multiposting, which is what you did.  For argumentation,
> > see here
> > http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html#why
>
> Well cross-posting is especially annoying on subscriber-only moderated lists
> such as ours. Anyone who follows up to an email who isn't subscribed to all
> the lists will get bounce warnings for each list they're not on.

Especially annoying?  You'll get a bounce warning.  That's all.  You
don't have to do anything about it; just wait for the moderator to
approve it.  In fact, when I (as the sender) get those, I just delete
them.

(I admit that it is not as nice as on Usenet, which doesn't have the
whole "subscriber" concept so this is all moot.)

> > (If you want it to be even more pain-free, add a Reply-To:
> > pgsql-advocacy header or some such.)
>
> Yeah, actually that doesn't work.

Hmm, it doesn't work how?  I admit I haven't tried it, so I'm using this
message as a test (I added Reply-To: pgsql-advocacy@postgresql.org)