Re: pgday.org : how to federate the PgDays ? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pgday.org : how to federate the PgDays ?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Magnus wrote:
> > We already have the main website events listing for that. I don't think
> > I like to see it fragmented.
> >
> > We have enough different "portals" already, I think. If they're not good
> > enough, we should make them better instead of just creating another one.

+1

> Hmm well the problem with postgresql.org is that it is a cluttered mess.
> There is way too much information on the front page. Something like a
> pgday that was dedicated to just listing conferences around the world
> (especially with a rss feed) would be a welcome addition.

If we were to follow this principle, we should have

pgevents.org    for events
pgdocs.org    for documentation
pglists.org    for mailing lists
pgsupport.org    for commercial support
pgcommunity.org    for community matters
pgversions.org    for listing supported versions

How many raised hands for this proposal?

Some more random ideas:

postgresqlforums.com
postgresqlcertification.org

Oh wait ...