Re: SQL/MED dummy vs postgresql wrapper - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From ITAGAKI Takahiro
Subject Re: SQL/MED dummy vs postgresql wrapper
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:

> We could just use the dummy wrapper and set an
> option for the foreign data wrapper that tells what options are valid.  That
> is, you would say
>
> CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER postgresql_dummy LIBRARY 'dummy_fdw' LANGUAGE C
>     OPTIONS (valid_options '{host,port,dbname,user,password...}');

Looks reasonable, but is 'dummy_fdw' a proper name for it?
I think 'template_fdw' or something might be better.

If we will complete 'postgres_fdw' as a replacement of dblink, the fdw
will not need the flexibility because it should accept only valid
parameters for PostgreSQL. Then, 'dummy_fdw' might be kept only for
user-defined FDWs. Since users see the library name, we'd better to
choose more suitable name for it.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro