Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: This makes all the \dX commands (most importantly to most: \df) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: This makes all the \dX commands (most importantly to most: \df)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> > >
> > > The lack of any documentation change is glaring.
> >
> > Oh, it sure does.  I will work on that.
>
> OK, documentation added with the attached patch, applied.  The
> documentation needed quite a bit of cleanup, independent of this patch,
> which I did.
>
> I also found a bug that \do didn't work because the AND system table
> check was being added to the LEFT JOIN and not to the WHERE clause
> (trigger display was also a problem).

Let me also say that that \d* display is ready to fall over from its own
weight:
Informational  Modifiers: S = show system objects  + = Additional detail  \l[+]                list all databases
\d[S+]              list tables, views, and sequences  \d[S+] NAME          describe table, view, sequence, or index
\da[S][PATTERN]     list aggregate functions  \db[+] [PATTERN]     list tablespaces  \dc[S] [PATTERN]     list
conversions \dC [PATTERN]        list casts  \dd [PATTERN]        show comment for object  \dd[S] [PATTERN]     list
commentson objects  \dD[S] [PATTERN]     list domains  \des[+] [PATTERN]    list foreign servers  \deu[+] [PATTERN]
listuser mappings  \dew[+] [PATTERN]    list foreign-data wrappers  \df[S+] [PATTERN]    list functions  \dF[+]
[PATTERN]    list text search configurations  \dFd[+] [PATTERN]    list text search dictionaries  \dFp[+] [PATTERN]
listtext search parsers  \dFt[+] [PATTERN]    list text search templates  \dg [PATTERN]        list roles (groups)
\di[S+][PATTERN]    list indexes  \dl                  list large objects, same as \lo_list  \dn[+] [PATTERN]     list
schemas \do[S] [PATTERN]     list operators  \dp [PATTERN]        list table, view, and sequence access privileges
\z[PATTERN]       same as \dp  \ds[S+] [PATTERN]    list sequences  \dt[S+] [PATTERN]    list tables  \dT[S+] [PATTERN]
  list data types  \du [PATTERN]        list roles (users)  \dv[S+] [PATTERN]    list views

http://enterprisedb.com