Re: [GENERAL] ERROR: failed to find conversion function from "unknown" to text - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: [GENERAL] ERROR: failed to find conversion function from "unknown" to text
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 11:13:59PM +0530, Gurjeet Singh wrote:
> If we consider the second branch of UNION ALL of both the queries above, if
> "select '' " yields a text column, then so should a "select * from (select
> '')".

The problem is ofcourse that "select ''" doesn't produce a text column
in postgres. This generally works fine, except in the case of UNION
where none of the branches provide the necessary type info.

Have a nice day,

Attachment