8.4 - psql output for \l - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject 8.4 - psql output for \l
Date
List pgsql-hackers
is it going to stay that way? i find it actually worse than 8.3
behaviour:

(depesz@[local]:5840) 11:43:40 [depesz]
# \l                               List of databases  Name    |  Owner   | Encoding |  Collation  |    Ctype    |
Accessprivileges

-----------+----------+----------+-------------+-------------+-------------------depesz    | depesz   | UTF8     |
pl_PL.UTF-8| pl_PL.UTF-8 |postgres  | pgdba    | UTF8     | pl_PL.UTF-8 | pl_PL.UTF-8 |template0 | pgdba    | UTF8
|pl_PL.UTF-8 | pl_PL.UTF-8 | =c/pgdba                                                            :
pgdba=CTc/pgdbatemplate1| pgdba    | UTF8     | pl_PL.UTF-8 | pl_PL.UTF-8 | pgdba=CTc/pgdba
                              : =c/pgdbatest      | depesz   | UTF8     | pl_PL.UTF-8 | pl_PL.UTF-8 |

(7 rows)

do we really have to introduce newlines even when it would (without any problem) fit in single line?

I mean - I udnerstand that if the grants are long, and complex - it makes sense
to display them like this, displaying extra lines just for superuser privileges
looks weird.

Best regards,

depesz

--