Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1268) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1268)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
KaiGai Kohei wrote:

> >> If we can control the Row-level ACLs via table options, what should be
> >> happen when we turn off the feature?
> >> IMO, it is natural to ignore Row-level ACLs independent from whether
> >> the stored tuple actually has ACLs, or not.
> >
> > Hmmm, sounds like perhaps a GUC is needed there.
>
> Is it possible to control per-table granuality?
> Or, per-table control is not necessary?

Well, we have a GUC which controls whether tables get an OID column.
If we do the 'secacl' on a per-table level we should probably have a GUC
which would default to ON for all created tables.

Perhaps someone can chime in here to tell us how hard it would be to
allow system columns to be null and not take any storage space, i.e. use
HeapTupleHeaderData.t_infomask on a per-row basis and not
HeapTupleHeaderData.t_bits.

http://enterprisedb.com