Re: psql screen size - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: psql screen size
Date
List pgsql-general
Gregory Stark escribió:

> Hm, this Bash FAQ seems to indicate this shouldn't be a problem -- the whole
> process group is supposed to get the window size. Psql isn't doing the job
> control stuff the FAQ entry talks about so the pager ought to be in the same
> process group. So I'm puzzled.

How do you know that the pager is in the same process group?  Is the
process group something that's inherited automatically on fork()?  The
setsid() manpage says so, but maybe we're missing something else.

I can confirm that when the pager is open, psql does not resize
properly.  Maybe psql is ignoring signals while the pager is open, or
something.

Hmm, a quick experiment (8.3) reveals that psql doesn't seem to do
anything if I SIGWINCH it manually while the pager is open ...