Re: How to hand over array as variable in plpgsql function? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jan Peters
Subject Re: How to hand over array as variable in plpgsql function?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi Tom (and hello all again),
thanks for your reply.

> Seems like using EXECUTE is the hardest possible way to do this.  Why
> don't you just SELECT?
>
> SELECT id FROM precip_arrays WHERE b = precip_control INTO id_result;

How should the code look like to do this? I am using EXECUTE because I don't know how to write the SQL equivalent. How
wouldthe SQL code look like if I have these two statements (one returning an array, the other taking this array and
comparesit to some other arrays in the db):

SELECT precip_control FROM precip_arrays WHERE  id = 400; --returns an array
SELECT id FROM precip_arrays WHERE [THE RETURNED ARRAY] = precip_scenario;--compares the above array to the arrays in
colum"precip_scenario".

This obviously does NOT work:

SELECT id FROM precip_arrays WHERE (SELECT precip_control FROM precip_arrays WHERE  id = 400;) = precip_control;

Is something like the above statement possible?

Sorry for my ignorance and thanks in advance again

Jan