Re: Problem removing Sequence in Postgresql 8.0.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Problem removing Sequence in Postgresql 8.0.3
Date
List pgsql-general
That Fat Guy wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to remove a sequence from my production database (postgresql
> 8.0.3 running on RHEL4 PowerPC), but am getting an error that doesn't
> make sense. When I run:

In 8.2 and later (or was it 8.1?) there is ALTER SEQUENCE ... OWNED BY
to solve this problem.  In 8.0 I think you'd have to resort to manually
playing with the system catalogs (pg_depend in particular) to do the
same that the command would do.

Note that this is dangerous and unsopported, and if you break your
database it'll be your fault only, but it does work.