searching through a catalogue with tsearch2 (examples, references, HOWTO) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Subject searching through a catalogue with tsearch2 (examples, references, HOWTO)
Date
List pgsql-general
I'd like to learn more about how to use tsearch2 to build up a SE for
a catalogue (product name, manufacturer, category etc...).

I'm facing problems like how to implement an advanced search vs.
simple search.
eg.

1)
select * from doc where vector @@ to_tsquery('car:A | fast:B |
joy:C')

vs.

search into title, body and authors "car fast joy"
select * from doc where vector @@ to_tsquery('car | fast | joy')

where car, fast and joy comes from different fields.

vs.

multiple tsvector/indexes for each field

2) how to exploit rank functions etc...

3) how to flatten accents papà=papa

etc...

Other than the author's website and postgresql manual could someone
point me to some good documentation, howto, examples?
I'd appreciate even some general introduction to SE for catalogues
that could be applied to tsearch2.

thanks

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo