Re: ssl woes after 8.1 -> 8.3 update - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Subject Re: ssl woes after 8.1 -> 8.3 update
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 18:51:55 +0200
Tomasz Myrta <jasiek@klaster.net> wrote:

> This one should be enough:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/ssl-tcp.html

I've found this:
http://quasiroot.wordpress.com/2007/07/22/postgresql-connectivity-with-jdbc-over-ssl/
and I got it working just a bit earlier than reading your email.

First connection with pgadmin3 looks slower than it used to be with
8.1.
pgadmin3 was configured to *require* ssl, so I think I was using ssl
even with 8.1, what could have been changed?
BTW... maybe it's just a temporary problem due to quality of
connection..

As soon as I've 5 spare minutes to rewrite it in a dumb-proof way and
I'll understand what I really did I may republish it on my website
so it would be easier for people to find guidelines.

> You should either provide matching client certificate or remove
> root.crt from server configuration.

What's actually going to happen if I kill root.crt?

thanks

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it