"pgstat wait timeout" just got a lot more common on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject "pgstat wait timeout" just got a lot more common on Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Last night I changed the stats collector process to use
WaitLatchOrSocket instead of a periodic forced wakeup to see whether
the postmaster has died.  This morning I observe that several Windows
buildfarm members are showing regression test failures caused by
unexpected "pgstat wait timeout" warnings.  Everybody else is fine.

This suggests that there is something broken in the Windows
implementation of WaitLatchOrSocket.  I wonder whether it also
tells us something we did not know about the underlying cause of
those messages.  Not sure what though.  Ideas?  Can anyone who
knows Windows take another look at WaitLatchOrSocket?